The ME442 MX-5 Plug-In is our latest Engine Management System for the Mk1 (2 Plug NA) MX-5 / Miata, years 1989-1995 1.6/1.8. This package includes the Wideband Sensor and Cable.
You may have a later Mk1 (1996/7) but if your car has TWO plugs that connect to the ECU then this is correct one for you.
Every major and respected MX-5 Tuner in the UK, as well as the biggest, Flyin’ Miata in the US, recommends the ME Engine Management System over other systems – see our forum post here for more details and feedback on the system
Nick, Skuzzle Motorsport – review from MX5Nutz
“I have just spent the last few weeks playing with the fairly recently released Motorsport Electronics ME221 PNP ecu and finally after years of supplying, fitting, mapping MegaSquirt of all shapes and sizes, I am proud to announce that from this day on, my ECU of choice for most MX5 applications is now the ME221.”
VIDEO INSTALL GUIDE
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the ME442 installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
Along with the standard ME221 feature set, the ME442 version adds the following features:
- On-board Bosch Wideband Lambda O2 Controller
- On-board Real-Time-Clock and SD Card Data Logging
- Drive-by-Wire Support
- K-Type EGT Input
- Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- CAN Bus for external dashboards and expandability
The core has as standard:
- Uses the ME ECU Core (180Mhz 32-bit NXP Automotive Processing Power)
- Standalone replacement ECU board which supports all factory sensors.
- Truly Plug-In : Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions.
- USB Connectivity
- 16×16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- DSP Knock Control
- On-board 60psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
- Closed Loop Boost, Lambda, VVT and DSP Knock Control
- Extensive spare I/O for extra features, sensors and actuators.
- In the field regular free firmware updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
- ME442 Plug-In Management System
- USB Cable
- Vacuum Hose
- Wideband Sensor and Cable