The ME221 MX-5 Plug-In is the leading Engine Management System for the Mk1 (2 Plug NA) MX-5 / Miata, years 1989-1995 1.6/1.8
Every major and respected MX-5 Tuner in the UK, as well as the biggest, Flyin’ Miata in the US, now uses and recommends the ME221 Engine Management System over other systems – see our forum post here for more details and feedback on the system.
*** If you would like additional features such as CAN, EGT, In-Built Wideband and Logging, check out the ME442 Plug-In range!
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (NXP Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports factory sensors.
- Truly Plug-In : Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions.
- 16×16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- DSP Knock Control
- In-built 60psi MAP sensor
- Closed Loop Boost, Lambda and Idle Control
- Launch Control
- Fully Sequential on 1.8 version
- In the field regular firmware updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
- ME221 Plug-In Core Board
- Vacuum Hose